Friday 20 February 2009

Learning Agreement

THE ARTS INSTITUTE BOURNEMOUTH

LEARNING AGREEMENT

Name: Lauren Cox

Course: Fda Visual Communication     Level: 2

Unit: Professional Project

Reference number: VCM209

Credit Points: 45

Study Hours: 450 hours

Tutors:  Sally Hope, Kit Johnson, Mike Ryan and Neil Leonard.

SYNOPSIS OF STUDY

FIELD OF STUDY

I have a basic understanding of Editorial and Fashion Illustration, however

from this project I want to gain the professional skills, knowledge and

understanding which will enable me to apply my work into this area of

design in the industry.

CONTEXT

As there is already a huge market surrounding Editorial and Fashion Illustration and I am confident that my designs will appeal to, and fit comfortably within this market. The obvious market is the audience for the show Moulin Rouge, however I believe that this can be extended to anyone who is interested in this area of design.

WHAT I PROPOSE TO DO

I will produce a series of Fashion Illustrations focusing on the costume designs from both the early 1889 productions of the Moulin Rouge though to the modern interpretation by Baz Luhmann in his 2001 production. After scheduling Moulin Rouge has never been staged as a theatre production so I will use this opportunity to use my Illustrations as part of a campaign to promote the opening of the Broadway musical – Moulin Rouge! By means of souvenirs or collectors items. These will be displayed on a series of double page spreads that I will design, in a program for the show that would be available for the audience.

 

 

HOW I WILL ACHIEVE THIS

I will achieve this by evidencing my understanding through detailed synthesis and development work. This will be done through extensive research surrounding the subject area, which will then allow me to progress forward informing design decisions and communicating my ideas clearly.  My project work will be advanced showing my understanding of necessary concepts allowing me to show creativity, maturity and direction in my working. Researching and analysis topics such as: The history of Moulin Rouge, Henri Toulouse-Lautrec, Post Impressionism, Lithography and the History of the Poster will show that I have clearly identified all relevant topics to gain complete understanding of my chosen project. I will also evidence that I have researched and gained suitable knowledge into the hardware and software programs I will be using. I will then present my final ideas, on design sheets to evidence realisation through the presentation of my work. This along with the presentation of my final pieces will be produced to a professional industry standard evidencing my professionalism and creativity throughout my work.AIMS

 

·      I want to consolidate my creativity and practical skills in response to a stimulated professional brief.

·      To develop my creativity and my knowledge, and understanding of professional practice.

·      As well as developing and producing a professional standard of creative work in response to a stimulated brief.

·      And finally to prepare myself for employment, freelance work or further study.

LEARNING OUTCOMES

On completion of this unit for Learning Outcome One I want to have:

 

·      Demonstrated a professional standard of creativity and practical ability including:

·      Work that technically comparable to that made within a specific genre.

·      Work that shows and awareness of contemporary trends, styles and subject matter, within commercial contexts.

·      As well as work that shows a very high degree of creativity and aesthetic judgement.

For Learning Outcome Two I will have:

 

·      Demonstrated a professional ability to plan my time and work using Project time planning and working successfully with others in the production of my creative outcome.

For Learning Outcome Three I will be able to:

 

·      Respond appropriately to the demands of a professional/self-initiated brief including appropriate creative outcomes to industry/work related briefs.

And finally for Learning Outcome Four I will be able to:

 

·      Demonstrate readiness for employment, freelance work or further study with the confidence in the level of my creative, practical and professional knowledge skills.

ASSESSMENT REQUIREMENTS

Illustrative work, concepts and idea generation with research into the specified areas and contemporary practices, plus editorial and fashion illustration.  These will be accompanied by a series of design sheets leading to a final outcome of 6 – 8 final fashion illustrations, and a full program booklet. 100%

ASSESSMENT CRITERIA

Evidence of understanding through synthesis and development - Research used to inform design decisions and communicate ideas (LO1)

Evidence of knowledge of concepts and contexts - Project work that shows creative maturity and direction within a commercial context (LO1,LO2)

Evidence of understanding through research and analysis. - Extensive research, and the application of it, used for the underpinning and final conclusion of project work (LO1,LO2,LO3)

Evidence of understanding through critical evaluation and reflection - The objectives of the research have clearly been identified and used to inform project work. (LO1,LO2)

Evidence of knowledge of technical processes – Knowledge of suitable hardware and software required for the planned project (LO1, LO2)

Evidence of realisation through presentation - Work is placed within a commercial context and appropriate methods of presentation used. (LO3)

Evidence of realisation through technical application and skills - A synthesis of creativity and professionalism is demonstrated in the conclusion of the project work (LO1)

Evidence of realisation through communication of ideas – Presentation of learning agreement and finished project (LO1, LO2, LO3)

TRANSFERABLE SKILLS

Managing self               R

Professional Skills        R  

Team working              £

REFERENCES

Throughout this project I plan to research:

Fashion Illustration

Theatre promotion

Program Design

Pattern Design

Costume

ACTION PLAN/ TIME PLAN

26.02.09

Research and Development group tutorials

27.02.09

Research and Development group tutorials

05.03.09

Research and Development group tutorials

06.03.09

1st Interim Critique (Research and Development)

12.03.09

Deign and Concept group Tutorials

13.03.09

Deign and Concept group Tutorials

19.03.09

Deign and Concept group Tutorials

20.03.09

Deign and Concept group Tutorials

26.03.09

Deign and Concept group Tutorials

27.03.09

2nd Interim Critique (initial design concepts)

Easter Holidays

16.04.09

Deign and Concept group Tutorials

17.04.09

3rd Interim Critique (Presentation of possible solutions)

23.04.09

Resolution Tutorials

24.03.09

Resolution Tutorials

28.04.09

Resolution Tutorials

29.04.09

Resolution Tutorials

30.04.09

Final Critique

01.04.09 – Staff Development Day

05.05.09

Tutorials and print deadline

06.05.09

Tutorials

07.05.09

Tutorials

08.05.09

Before this is handed in I will redesign it as a piece of design work, rather than just a word document, plus it will then be much more detailed by means of research and time planning rather than just a list of the main dates.

No comments: