Friday 10 October 2008

Look Again/ Think Again Crit


I felt a bit nervous about this as it was our first one of the year and I wasn't really sure what to expect. There had also been rumours floating around that the course leaders were going to be really harsh and challenging. I don't mind this as I know we are going to have to talk about our work in the industry and in some case will have to fight our corner, but at the moment I'm not that confident, give me a piece of paper and I could write everything down perfectly but when in front of a lot of people put on the spot I tend to not be able to get out what I want to say in my head. This is some thing that I am going to have to overcome! I think that confidence is at quite a low in our group generally as everyone is quiet, and not very willing to have a debate or voice their opinions. Maybe this is some thing that we will be able to over come together this year?

Anyway.. the Crit!

When I printed out my poster I instantly thought it didn't look right, and that the type face I had used and the layout of the text really didn't work that well with the image. Also when it was up on the wall, the 13's were so tiny you couldn't see them unless you went up close, so this is a problem that needs to be amended straight away. 

Over all though when it to my turn I enjoyed explaining my idea, and afterwards everyone did have a discussion about superstition which was really nice. I got some feedback that I had a good strong and viable idea, but it just needed some tweaking, mainly with the text and sizing of the 13's which I already knew. Overall everyone seemed to like my idea and found it quite humorous, as I have completely contradicted and idea which is what I was aiming for. 

I know want to get this finished over the weekend and get my sketch book up to date, ready for the next brief which I am very excited about!

No comments: