Friday 30 January 2009

Tutorial with Hayley

I have been very eager to have a tutorial with Hayley as I feel the input of some one as successful as she has been in this subject would have a lot of impact in the direction my ideas are heading, and I was sure se would be able to give me some general inspiration.

I proposed my original idea which was to rebrand a fashion event using Illustration and showed Hayley my online Portfolio so she could see the style in which I work. As I have felt that this original idea could be a very good project I was quite surprised when Hayley suggested that there would be other means of working that might benefit me alot more and allow me to produce a much more challenging project.

I found what she had to say really interesting and inspiring and it has defiantly made me think twice about the kind of work I want to produce for this project. Hayley said to " challenge your style and place it on something/somewhere that it wouldn't normally be seen". This has made me think about placing my work on publications that haven't used my style of work before, which would then allow me to prove that it can be applied elsewhere, which in its self would be challenging and inspiring = A wining combination.
Hayley mentioned that she herself has re-designed book covers, with her own work and said that I should look at Penguin who actually commission Illustrators to design their book covers. 
Another area that would provide good research material is the AOI website and looking at Vogue and Guardian archives.

"Apply Fashion Illustration To Other Elements Of Which It Wouldn't Normally Be Applied"

No comments: