Wednesday 1 October 2008

What I am going to do differently this year


This year I have come back with a much more positive attitude, last year I did apply myself but I think  when it came down to I didn’t push myself as much as should have. I have always been really keen and found it very easy to get stuck into new briefs but when the going gets tough and deadlines approach, if I’m behind I just seem to lose the will power and just do what I need to to get myself through rather than doing as much as I possibly can to keep and even raise the quality of my work.

Over the summer I have neglected design, its not that I havent kept up with it I just havent really had the time to produce any of my own due to working full time. So because of this I am very excited about the new brief being set tomorrow and being able to get stuck into  it.

I have high expectations of this year and I am really looking forward to all the oppourtunities that I think will be arising. Like I said in my previous blog, you have to make things happen for yourself and this year I  intened to make the most of all oppourtunities coming my way. Last year I didn’t get involved with any extra briefs other than those that have been course related, this year I want to get and identity and get noticed in the industry, by doing live briefs and taking place in competion briefs to gain feedback on my work, build up my portfolio and show other designers the best of my ability. 

I’m not really sure where I want to be at the end of this year, I am going to concentrate on my illustrations as these are definatly my stronger skills, I also love typography and would like to get more involved with that, especially letterpress. Photography is another area which I would like to build up my skills in too.

Over the summer I have looked at a couple of London Univeristys such as Kingston and LCC which have both got me very interested in doing my third year at. I think that having the oppourtunitie of being a designer in the capital would be  great experience and put me in a good situation to build up my career when finishing my degree.

Oh and one more thing… after the first day back and a good talk from Neil I he has stressed the importance of PPRD and givin me the drive to put 100% into it this year!

No comments: