Saturday 4 October 2008

Look Again/Think Again


This is 1st brief that we have been set this year, I'm getting the idea that this is a nice little warm up project to get us back into the swing of things. It is only supposed to be a day project even though we have a week to do it, but still this is good practice for having a quick turn around. 

This project is going to build my skills on making a campaign to solve a problem within a appropriate context. We will be bringing understanding to the viewer, the campaign must do this in order to be successful.

We either had to (a) Choose a social issue that in our opinion has been overlooked and needs addressing, or (b) Choose an object that often carries values that go beyond its intended purpose or everyday use.

As soon as I read through the brief I knew that is was really open and we could pretty much do this on anything we liked, we've been given the freedom to develop what we want into a final piece using tools of our choice. I began looking up social issues and was pretty stumped as I couldn't really find anything that hasn't been addressed, anything that I found on the internet etc has already been addressed otherwise it wouldn't be on there. 

Soo.. i turned to the second option and my first initial idea was to use my name. It doesn't mean anything to anyone else but it is me! I thought about basing this project on typography, by collecting media with my name throughout my life e.g Birth tag, Name badge from inside school uniform etc which then meets the sentiment section of the brief.

No comments: