Tuesday 6 January 2009

Selecting work for my website

I am finding this quite hard to do, as I am creating an image/style of myself as an Illustrator I have decided that I am going to include examples of my illustration work only. Looking back at the work I produced last year I am not keen on anything apart from my photography and Illustrations. 

I have been looking at:

3 x London Illustrations
Magazine layout Illustrations for Stefan Sagmeister, and then from this year my Greetings Cards.

Initially I was really worried that I don't have enough work that in my eyes is good enough/reflects me as an illustrator. But looking at the websites produced last year there are alot of people that only had 10 of less images displayed.

Even if I have minimal work being displayed on my site I would rather just show the work that I want potential clients to see, the work that is of a high quality, rather than include everything, the less successful more experimental work and lose potential clients because its not up to the standards it should be.

Not that there's anything wrong with minimal and simple.

No comments: