Friday 28 November 2008

Competition Brief???


I am starting to have second thoughts about my choice of competition brief! Not really a good sign as I should be at the stage where initial ideas are getting well under way, but then on the other hand I suppose that now is the time to change my mind sooner rather then later.
I really wanted to do a typography brief because last year it was something that I was very interested in and wanted to develop my skills as a designer. Initially I was going to produce a piece using hand rendered type which is why I thought it would be a perfect brief to incorporate illustration into it as well.

This is an example of the style I wanted to develop my own work in:

This is an example of text from Sabrina Ward Harrison's website, this ink script is beautiful, i love the freeness and the mixture of the different sizes of each letter.

Although the letters are all different sizes, upper and lower case they all work together perfectly as a piece.

However the brief for 'Three Minutes' requires non hand rendered fonts with style sheets which is where I am now undecided if this is the best brief for me to do, when I want to pursue my degree as an Illustrator.

No comments: