Friday 6 February 2009

A further chat with Sally and Hayley


We had another group tutorial today with all the illustrators which was good as I got to hear about everyones ideas. Being a little stuck on my own I was hoping to use this a bit of inspiration. 

Mike Ryan gave a quick presentation on previous projects that have been produced for FMP's and I was shocked when one was shown which was the re-branding of the clothes show, which was near enough the same as my original idea. I had pretty much written of this idea but seeing it again made me think twice about it seen as Mike informed us that this was a very successful one.

However when I proposed this at the tutorial i was again directed away from it for the same reasons as before. I got quite fustrated because alot of people have very solid ideas that they can get on and progress with, whereas I feel I am just going around in circles. A draft of our Learning Agreements were due to be in at the end of today but I dont feel I can produce one that is even satisfactory until I have defined a clear idea. 

It was suggested that I look into Costume and produce fashion illustrations using this theme rather than base them solely on your more typical 'catwalk' illustrations. This has really appealed to me but I was uncertain of what I could produce as a final piece - would a set of Illustrations solely be enough? 
It was also pointed out that Illustrators jobs are to work with a piece of text they are given and Illustrate it so as I want to progress onto Ba Illustration this is something that I am going to have to show I am capable doing. 

A few classics that I have come to mind that I could illustrate are Casanova, Pride & Prejudice, Moulin Rouge and Chicago.

No comments: