Tuesday 13 January 2009

Birds.Birds.Birds


With the design of my website well under way, as I mentioned before it is going to look very plain and simple. Therefore I have been brainstorming ideas to make it a little bit more quirky/interesting. 

A huge trend seems to be at the moment that illustrators are using a lot of animals as imagery in their work, I experimented with this in my Greetings Cards and I was really pleased with result. So I have been looking at Birds, in-particular Blue Tits. I love all the different positions that people have photographed them in and I feel that they they would bring that little extra 'something' that I am looking for to my website.



I have been looking at using them as the links to the other pages such as 'about', 'contact' etc instead of just having type links. I will need to incorporate the type into the bird designs to keep the navigation clear to the viewer to where they are actually heading when they click on the link. 

I'm not sure about how I am going to produce them, I have been looking at making them up of block colours giving an almost screen printed effect or making them out of patterns....

No comments: